At UGI Performance Solutions, we are proud of our commitment to innovative answers for improved performance, a healthier environment, and a better bottom line, as the premier CHP Company and regional solution provider with the capability to provide end-to-end CHP Solutions.
As part of our efforts to deliver value and support, and establish strong professional relationships, we took time to create an “Employee Spotlight” segment and offer a more personal aspect of our business.
Staff Spotlight today goes to – Gary Fechter:
- What is your role at UGI Performance Solutions?
General Manager of Performance Solutions and Engineering Services – I manage the group responsible for Combined Heat and Power Projects.
- How long have you worked at UGIPS?
- What is your favorite thing about working at UGIPS?
The people – highly motivated and skilled people.
- What has been your favorite project while at UGIPS?
My favorite project is always the next one. I enjoy solving the problems related to making these projects work.
- Explain your company in one sentence.
We are the design build arm of a major utility and energy supply company.
- What do you do for fun outside of work?
Play golf and drive my C70 convertible.
- Where is your favorite vacation spot?
Have traveled the world and have no true favorite, like the variety of trying something new.
- What 3 words would your friends use to describe you?
Intelligent, committed, hard-working.
- What was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Being in the Army.
- Any random fact about yourself you want to share with us?
I have climbed the Great Pyramid and ridden a camel from the Great Pyramid to the Sphinx.
- Tell us 3 things most people don’t know about you.
My wife (Joyce) and I met in high school and went to the Junior Prom together.
Joyce and I lived in nine places our first 11 years of marriage.
Have worked on 5 continents.
- What is your favorite quote?
Chinese Proverb – If you don’t know where you are going, any path will take you there.
- If you could witness an event past, present, or future, what would it be?
The American Revolutionary War.
- Do you have a secret talent?
Baking and decorating wedding, or similar, type cakes.
- What do you miss the most about being a kid?
Having no fears and believing I was invincible.
- Do you volunteer anywhere?
SGC Foundation – hosts golf outings and silent auctions for Children’s Hospitals around the country.
- What’s the one piece of advice you would give others about life?
Learn from everyone, people at all levels know things that you do not. Don’t only focus on the experts or managers.
- Name one item from your bucket list.
Don’t have a bucket list – I’ve lived my bucket list.
- Do you have a motto or personal mantra?
Enjoy what you do, you spend too many hours doing it to be miserable.
- What was the last book you read?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who put on airs to impress others.
- What person in your life has had the greatest influence on the person you have become?
We are proud to have Mr. Fechter in the role of the General Manager of Performance Solutions and Engineering Services for UGI HVAC Enterprises and leading the Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Design and Implementation team for UGI HVAC.
Mr. Fechter has more than 35 years of experience in energy, engineering, and project management. He is a Certified Energy Manager, LEED Accredited Professional Operations, and Maintenance, and Certified Demand Side Management Professional.
When searching for CHP companies with high CHP performance, trust UGI Performance Solutions, a division of UGI HVAC Enterprises, a full-service energy solutions provider and MEP contractor with design, engineering, manufacturing, installation, operation, and finance capabilities.